Our research aims to:
- identify the effects of team composition on team functioning in LDSE and the critical team composition factors driving this effect
- identify particular patterns of team functioning with different team compositions
- identify methods, best practices, and technologies that improve team functioning and performance through team composition
- develop a predictive team composition model for use in composing teams and identify potential issues with already composed teams, and
- provide recommendations for composing teams for LDSE.
- Noshir Contractor, Northwestern University
- Suzanne Bell, DePaul University
- Leslie DeChurch, Northwestern University
Graduate Student Researchers:
- Brennan Antone, Northwestern University
- Jake Weiss, DePaul University
- Neal Outland, DePaul University
- Zachary Gibson, Northwestern University
- Lindsay Larson, Northwestern University
Bedwell, W.L., Bell, S.T., Contractor, N.S., Fiore, S.M., Kozlowski, S.W.J., Salas, E., Tannenbaum, S.I. (2016, April). Organizing that’s out of this world! In Larson, L. E., Jones, B.R., & DeChurch, L.A. (co-chairs), Ignite and Panel Discussion. Panel conducted at the 31st Annual Conference of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Anaheim, CA.
Ng, J., Antone, B., Gibson, Z., Bell, S., DeChurch, L., & Contractor, N. (2017, April). Crew recommender for effective work in space. In DeChurch, L. (chair), Bell, S. (co-chair), & Contractor, N. (co-chair), Exploring new frontiers: Building better teams on Earth and beyond. Symposium accepted at the 32nd Annual Conference of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Orlando, FL.
Larson L. E., Jones B. R., & DeChurch, L.A. (2017, August). Language, leadership, and identity construction in multiteam systems. Paper accepted at Academy of Management Conference, Atlanta, GA.
The material is based upon work supported by NASA under award No. NNX15AM32G. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.